As stores and various services begin to reopen, our leadership team is closely monitoring and assessing the situation to determine when it will be best for our church to begin meeting in person and how that would look like. We know that we all look forward to seeing each other face to face, but we want to make sure we do it in a way that protects the vulnerable.
The global pandemic has brought us new challenges, but we will overcome because Jesus has overcame it all. One of the greatest values in our church is to live life together. So it was a difficult decision for our leadership to move our Sunday services online instead of meeting in person. It is our heart’s desire to continue sharing the hope we have in Jesus to an even greater extent as we meet online each Sunday at 11:15am. We look forward to seeing old friends and new friends -wherever you may be. There are also many other ways you can stay connected, such as life groups/small groups and prayer groups. We encourage you to reach out to one another as we continue to be the church.
Now, more than ever, we need to unite in prayer! Our vision to be a house of prayer for all nations calls us to not only help everyone get through this season, but also to see God do greater things along the way. It is time to unify in faith and pray together for the following:
- PROTECTION– Psalm 91:1 “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty." Ask God to protect you, your family, our church, our city, and the nations both from this virus and the attacks of the enemy. Our diverse congregation includes essential, front line employees, from bus drivers to those in health care. Additionally, our extended church family includes loved ones from over 28 nations. Pray that God would give peace and comfort to us all. Let’s seek to be in His presence and ask for protection for ourselves and others.
- WISDOM– James 1:5 “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given you.” Pray that wisdom would be given to all those who have a place of authority and are making decisions over their states, provinces, or countries. We need Godly wisdom to handle this current problem.
- HEALING– Mark 11:23 “Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him.’” Ask God to bring healing to those who have the virus and to destroy the virus. We have been given authority to pray bold prayers that change the course of history. Let’s pray in faith and unity that this virus will be stopped.
- UNITY– John 13:35 “By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” Pray that our unity and love for one another would increase during this time. We know the enemy will try to use this time to isolate people and pull people apart from the church body. Let’s join together and ask God to unite us in love.
- OPPORTUNITIES– Mark 11:17 “My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations.” Pray for gospel opportunities during this time. God has been revealing His heart to the church throughout history. Now is the time to demonstrate His radical love, healing, and peace to the world. Many are living in fear because of this virus. Some are experiencing rejection and racism because of their ethnicity. We have a gospel that offers peace in the midst of storms. Let’s ask God how we can be better neighbors. Let’s grow in love for our brothers and sisters, our community, and for every nation.
PEACE BE WITH YOU